Saturday, February 04, 2006

HAPPY 旺旺 YEAR !!

Tick tock tick tock... The rooster year walk slowly and enter the Dog... Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!! I wish u all: -

恭喜发财 身体健康 万事如意
新年快乐 心想事成 步步高升




This year I got back some Chinese New Year feel. I think the reason is that I went back to my parent's kampung house.. Hehehe... But, new year back when i was still a children was really fun..

When I was child.....

At my dad's 老屋 and had reunion dinner with each and everyone of the Ng's family... Nite time would be filled with activities like fire crackers and also praying... The air will have the joss sticks 'aroma'. Adult will gamble, children will gamble.. Hehehe... Luckily, my uncle will always be my sponsor... Ang pows were definitely a lot... From my grandma, grand uncle, uncles, aunties, and even my cousins grandma and relatives also... Video games (tat time no Playstation yet, and my favourite game is Mario Bros ;p) and I got to play it once a year only due to my mom's theory that video game is BAD.. And, lion dance... I luv the rhythm and also the drum's sound.. So energetic and powerful... I like to play with the lion's tail too.... Hahahaha

Mom's kampung not bad too.. I remembered every time when we go back, cousin Yuen Siang sure bring along his 'monkey' game and 'beetle car' robot for us... Taiping lake, places that we will visit for sure... Hhmmm, besides that, ahh... my grandpa old bicycle...

To conclude, it was FUN!!!


Year 2006....

Fast forward to this year, after so many years spent in KL, my parents decided to go back to their kampung to celebrate the auspicious days... We will spend our new year eve in Taiping... So, on Saturday, we started our journey back at 10am and called our grandma informing her will be there by lunch time... However.....

10am: Taman Bukit Angsana, Cheras
10++am: Entering the North South Highway
12.00pm: Getting near to the Sungai Buloh restaurant.. So, we decided to use the trunk road...
1.30pm: Still stuck in Rawang's town... Too hungry, stop at roadside to eat and most importantly toilet!!!
6++pm nearly 7: Finally!!!! We saw my grandma's hse...

Moral of the story: Never go back on the eve. If we really wan to do so, we will start at 4 in the morning....

Mostly the rest of the days were associated with food, food and more food... Astro, sleep and hot hot weather... How can it be that hot!!!! Kekeke.... I really feel blessed with the time I shared with my family members this year...

And, before I end this, my favourite advertisement for Chinese New Year (Top 3) will be:-

1. Petronas - where the old ladies discussed about their children's achievements... Never ever be like those professionals who dump their parents at the old folks home and visit them once a while... I really believe if you treat that to your parents, your children will treat u that way too. It's the cycle of life...

2. Perodua - where the children played lion dance together... Semangat muhibbah

3. 8tv - where the Inspector Lui Kei needs to search Wong Fei Hung and the Hak Mui Guai to fight the 年 monster... Dylan was funny and I like it when he said 'cha cha bo' and 'wi wang wang'

No comments: