Thursday, February 05, 2009

年初二的夜晚 ...

Balik kampung has always been a tradition in my family during CNY and also Ching Ming. Usually, it would be the only time that we go back to my parent's hometown at Bkt Mertajam and Taiping. First 3 days usually spent at Dad's hometown, where I would meet most of the relatives, from granduncle to my little nephews. Games like mahjong, rummy, poker, etc. will be going on while others would chit chat here and there. The houses will be noisy, meriah ... The Ng's members, especially the older generation really have a BIG voice ... I think people who live 2 house away may hear our voices ...

This year was a bit different. We decided to go back to Mom's hometown on the 2nd day when granduncle decided to spend his CNY with his son at Kedah. And, Mom's house usually is a peaceful and quiet place. The name Taiping 太平 explains it all ...

I was getting ready to have a relax nite, with loads of ASTRO cny programme on that nite. As usual, being the last to bath, I'm on my way to the washroom. Suddenly, the lights flickered. After a few minutes, the whole house becomes dark. First thing on my mind was. "Oh no! Don't tell me no electricity tonite !!! The nite is still young ! I don't want to waste my precious nite doing nothing !!!"

After some inspections, we found that the wire, that is connected to the lamp post outside, was broken. We called the TNB and they promised to come to fix the problem tonite. Actually, I was sceptical that they are going to come. It's a public holiday nite. Are they really going to come?

Surprisingly, they did. Although they were late, I am thankful. They managed to fix it in half an hour. People were watching the guys, as though they were the circus :P (I maybe the worst of all, taking pictures. I think the neighbours expression would be like this =.=''' )


saviour of the nite (^_^)

By the time the problem was fix, it's already past midnight. Time to sleep. But, luckily I don't feel that it was wasted. At least, I got to see the stars on the sky. So beautiful. It has been a long time since few years ago at Penang beach ... Of course some funny memories started to come back to my mind (e.g the tissue papers incident, and also how we peeked at the neighbours fight from the windows ... ) Also, we actually chatted all nite while waiting for TNB guys ... Don't think we would do that if the TV was on all the time ... So, can I say it's a blessing in disguise ???


Things happen and there are always two sides of it ... So, it depends on how you want to see it. Which sides you want to see ... Indeed a special way to spend my 2nd nite of cny ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very nice way you wrote bout yr cny. i like the part yr neighbours may go =.= haha :)