Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Au Revoir Grandma

After 89 years of living, grandma passed away after battling with the pain she had on her stomach. Cancerous pankreas. I don't remember what the scientific term already. Like my Uncle Yew told me, it's the nature of life, people die, people live. There is always a new life somewhere. It will be a new journey for grandma.

This time it didn't shock us too much, like 5 years ago when my another grandma passed away. Just that, we didn't expect it to be that fast. But, somehow, this year we had been going back to see her quite often as compared to years before. I hope mom will not have any regrets. It hurts to see her cry so much. Don't know how to comfort her so, dad, brother and myself ended trying to make some jokes and let her laugh.

One of the funny incident was dad stucked between the bed and the floor when he fell off the bed... So, in a way, it's a blessing that my dad's size was big enough to prevent him to totally fall on the floor ... Hhmm, i think we need to get him a BABY bed!

This few days actually reminded myself that family are very important in our life. They will always come first in whatever circumstances.

While keeping grandma's belonging, we actually found an antique under her bed. The grandfather clock is actually made in 'Occupied Japan' ... Something that you couldn't find nowadays. Amazingly, the clock still works ...

Grandma, thank you for bringing Mom to this world. Au Revoir and RIP ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

RIP to CY's grandma...hope your mummy is ok...
my family has one of those antique clock too...in my dining room...

Su said...

like uncle yew say : people die people live... so treasure and spend time with our loved ones..
totally agree with you .. family is where we all come from therefore it should be above everything else.

Losing one's mother is ...
Allow your mom to take time to heal & offer her all the support you can give.