Sunday, May 16, 2010

One Sunday Morning ...

This is a really long delayed post ... hehehe ... Just feel so lazy to write nowadays ...
But, this is something new that i had done recently ...
To become a volunteer for NB 15 km run ... Had to wake up as early as 4 plus in the morning ...
Standing at the roadside, wear a lookalike DBKL vest, took a red flag ... and flagged the runners the whole morning ...


But, i did have a good time... Surprise surprise ...
What did I enjoy? I think a smile on your face can really make a difference ...
Many people responded to my smile on the first 4 km run ... I guess everyone is still fresh ...
They smiled back to me, greeted me and some even thanked me !!!! Feel appreciated, something that i didn't expect ...


What inspired me most is this very old grandfather who run in this race. I think it's her daughter who run behind his dad to ensure that he is alright. This grandfather when he saw me again at the 12km mark, give me a victory smile .... great job grandpa !!!!




FL having fun as a volunteer ....


Super hot weather but with a clear blue sky ... Love the color ...


Early morning around 7 ... Before the road was invaded by a group of enthusiastic runners ...

Some amusing moments were:
1. The last runner at the point of 4km told me he was very tired. How long more he had to run ... My answer, there is a water station in front ... U can do it !!! In my mind, good luck my friend, 11km more for you with alot of hills ...
2. A lady runner at point 12km told us (FL and me), next year i watch, u two run !!!!
3. An uncle had the time to look at how red is my face ... Waahhh, u sunburn til so red ... Pretty arr ....
So, will i do it again? probably ... as long as i don't have to wake up super super early. doing it with a group of friends should be fun ...

No comments: