Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Island

Finally, it was 10 April 2006... The much awaited date... I still remember when we planned this trip... It was so sudden... Maybe we were too stressed at that time... Haha...

10 April 2006: Monday
The first day of my vacation... I was supposed to wait for Kellyn at Midvalley but oops... late... Something that I need to learn... To be on time so that people do not have to wait for me... But then, I was excited... This would be the first time I board an airplane... I got to fly... I was a little bit dissappointed when I got to know that we will be going to LCCT, not KLIA... I wan to watch the airplanes fly.... How do I feel? Hhmm... The take off was smooth... So, it was like sitting on the bus... When I was in the air, the view was great... The buildings on the land are like miniature... The cloud is like cotton candy... When the plane land down, it was a bit bumpy but I really enjoyed my first ride on the plane...



When we reach Langkawi airport, it was raining but lady luck was on our side... It stopped when we managed to get our white Proton Wira on the road. Kellyn became the navigator and Cindy Chew became the driver. The hotel was easy to find. Langkawi Lagoon was the place that we stayed in. Pulau Dangli sea villa. Wow!!! Tat was my first thought... This place is really beautiful... To stay by the sea... This will be my happy and relaxing holiday!!! The first place that Cindy Chew was so eager to introduce to us was the ..... washroom!!!! Yep... I must say the washroom was rely nice... First day in Langkawi was spent at Kuah town to shop... Chocolates !! Chocolates!! So many chocolates for me to choose but.... I can only choose the best... The one I like best... And, also my senior savignon blanc... Such a hard wine to find...


11 April 2006: Tuesday

As usual, if I'm not too tired, I would not be able to sleep no matter how comfortable the place is... So, to wake up early is usually wat I do... I choose to sleep by the window of the villa and the first thing that I saw when I open my eyes is the sea... 'Cheng' ahh... I made myself a cup of coffee and sit at the balcony... If I can spend my every morning like that would be wonderful... The view outside my balcony...

While waiting for others to wake up and have breakfast together, I went down to the beach... The place that I stayed was actually a lagoon, so the beach was not really a beach but... still I enjoyed the view and also the sound of the sea... So relaxing and calm... Any idea what kind of job that would allow me to have this kind of treat everyday? Kekekeke... This is how I look when I wake up... Without brushing my hair... Taking my own picture and alone at the beach...

When Cindy Mu, my senior reached Langkawi, we went to the cable car... Hahaha... Must go places for me... To see small small boxes hanging in the middle of the air was quite scary but I was mesmerized by the view around me... Burau Bay was rely beautiful... Clear blue water... 'Hou Leng' ahh... That was my word all the way up the hill... At the same time, my friends were so scared that they dun ever dare to look at those scenic view... Sai zhor ahh... However, there are too many fog that day... So, some of the good view was blocked... Anyway, I also got to walk on the hanging bridge... Impressive... I can actually feel the bridge swing when I stopped to take picture...

The next place that we wanted to go was Summer Palace... It was the shooting place for Chow Yun Fatt's 'Anna and the King' movie... Too bad the place was torn down... After we had our lunch at Fish Farm restaurant, we went to shopping again... I was so tempted to buy the chocolates again... Such a torture to stay there looking at the chocolates but couldn't buy them... Nite time.... Nothing much to do at nite time... They bought a few bottles of alcohol to drink together... I remember there are a few flavors of Kampai and Corona... I bought shandy so that I got something to drink when they start to drink... Kekeke... We played UNO and 'Chor Dai Di' all nite... It was actually fun...

12 April 2006: Wednesday

Today was the day for us to go out the sea... We signed up for a mangrove tour... The first place that the guy bring us was at the middle of the sea to feed the fish with bread... There were rely a lot of fish but I was actually attracted to the island nearby... The rock was nice... and how the sea water go through the passage / hole was interesting...

Then, we went to Crocodile cave... The guy explained that we came at the time when Langkawi was wet... No wonder there were rain everyday... Luckily it was at nite time when we lazed at the hotel... Although the water was high, we managed to get into the cave with the skill of the guy manouvered the boat... However, there are nothing to see in the cave... Why it was called Crocodile Cave le? According to our guide, there are a lot of crocodiles last time before it was captured and put into the Crocodile Farm in Langkawi...

Our next stop was to watch eagles... Eagle actually represents Langkawi... The famous Lang at the Dataran Lang was the symbol of Langkawi... When our guide threw the meat into the mangrove river and splash water with the engine, there was so many eagles come and feed the meat... I think there are about 10 - 20 eagles, maybe more.... Wow.... Never in my life I see so many eagles flying around... It was the highlight of the tour actually... The best I would say...

Then, we went to a fish farm and was introduced to a few types of fish which I dun remember the name now... THe interesting one was the horse shoe crab which I tried to hold on my hand... Gelinye... and also the Ikan Pari-Pari... Really BIG... Too bad I didn't take the picture... Camera run out of battery already.... Sob sob sob... And the last stop was Bat Cave before we head to Barn Thai to have our lunch... THere are a lot a lot of bat in that cave and .... the smell... the smell... uurrghhh..... yuckie.... uwek.... Not a pleasant smell at all....

After the tiring tour, we decided to go Pantai Cenang to get some massage... Since I din got to try out the foot reflextology in Penang, I decided to give it a try... My first reaction when the guy massage my leg was I laughed... He looked at me with a strange face... Are you okie ahh? Hehehe... Maybe he thinked I'm weird or crazy kua.... Kekeke...

Since this would be the last evening I spent in Langkawi, I requested that we stay at the Pantai Cenang to look at the sun set... Just love the view.... Love it!!! Love it!!! This picture was taken with my camera phone... Nice or not? Kekeke...

13 April 2006: Thursday

This is the last day and would be my departure day too... Dun feel like going back at all... I wake up early again to go to the beach... This time I was earlier and the water still not high up to the beach yet... I can see many holes inside... I tried to dig the hole and found some small crab... Hehehe... Listening to the beach and birds was great... Like the other day, I got the whole 'beach' by myself... This time I sit the rocks and watch the tide... The tide was quite fast I think... I sat on the rock which is still quite far from the water but a few minutes later, the place was filled with it... Amazed... When I failed to do something, if I can recover like the tide would be good... Tat was I'm thinking at that time... Usually, I would have a friend accompany me to enjoy the morning but tis time all by myself... Something different and I got to think of something too...

My last day at Langkawi Lagoon was greeted with a rainbow too.... I can see the clearly the 7 colours of the rainbow.... I still remember when I saw one too on my way back from Penang at Addy's car.... What a coincidence....


I really enjoy the trip... Although we din go to many places, I treasure the ease that this trip give me... Dunno why... I feel happy when I see the sea and beach... Dun know how to swim but just looking at it makes me feel relax and satisfied... Can't wait for the next trip already...

2 comments:

Su said...

awesome! great holiday and a much awaited one for u :p the people, the plane ride, the sun, the sea, the sand, the mangrove, the cave, the chocolates, the shopping trips, the.... and the hanging bridge and the rainbows ... beautiful :)

ps.cy, where is the hanging bridge located? think i like the place :)

cy said...

Ya lorr.... So, i'm waiting for the awana kijal one... Kekeke... The hanging bridge is act at the cable car there... If i'm not mistaken, the place is called Gunung Mat Cincang....